2015. január 30., péntek

My roommate now wonders who he can hook me up with now that he knows that I'm childfree.


So I have a new roommate. He's married and his wife is another city slowly transitioning to where we live. He's made it his mission to hook me up with someone. We've gone out a few times, and he's winged for me and coached me a bit at times. Very generous. His wife likes me too, and frequently shares pictures of me with her friends. The reactions are usually "Oh he's cute.... he's not gay is he?"


In a conversation we had last night, I mentioned that I'm childfree. He reacted with surprise. Mentioned something about "passing on my knowledge." He did not understand fully, but he wasn't judgmental either somewhere in between.


He did say that it would make it hard to make introductions to his single friends back in his home town.


Shit like this is becoming a frequent problem with my dating life. If I came out as gay, it would've been less of a shock and probably a larger dating pool.


tl;dr Roommate now wonders if I'm a decent match for any of his single friends. Childfree dating is frustrating.



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése