2018. május 5., szombat

Career dilemma

I know being gay shouldn't define you, but being a closeted gay guy from India, I fail to understand how people expect it to not influence every aspect of life!! It definitely does.I have always loved cooking, it is my stress buster and gotten me through tough times. Pursuing a career as a chef will give me intrinsic satisfaction. However, the pay is very low to survive, high pressure high testosterone environment in the kitchen (i'm a rather sensitive guy), lot of homophobia in the industry and i'll have an uncertain future. Also, i'll have to make a career change though i'm just 21.Being from a conservative country, I couldn't pursue culinary earlier and did my grad in finance. I hate it but I could move abroad for Masters and possibly have a better life. However, there is going to be racism, homophobia and the fact that I wouldn't be passionate about my work.Any inputs? I don't want being gay to be a factor, but it is inevitably a major one. Please help!!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése