2017. november 23., csütörtök

The X-Men and Gay culture

I'm gay and I'm a fan of the X-Men comics. Lately, I've made a weird connection between those two things.In the comics the X-Men are Mutant heroes fighting for both mutant and man kind. However, no matter how many times they save the world, they are always feared and oppressed. The reason behind being that when they save the world, the world doesn't see that it has been saved, all it saw was "a guy shooting FUCKING lasers from his eyes" and they think "look how weird and dangerous it would be if everybody shot lasers with their eyes constantly". It is a heroic thing to save the world regardless. But what about mutants who don't feel like playing heroes ? Well they will have to endure the fact that everybody will expect him to shoot lasers with his eyes, and will probably be harrassed by other mutants to use his power to be hero. Do you get it ? Maybe it's just how I'm living it, but I feel like the X-Men are the rainbow culture and I'm tired of getting shit from it for not wanting be a part of it.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése