2017. november 24., péntek

How To Deal With Homophobic Teachers?

I'm currently a junior at high school, and I feel very stressed out because of my teachers' attitude. The majority of my teachers are homophobic and make negative remarks about LGBT+ people. For example, one of my science teachers explained to my class that being gay is a choice, after one of my classmates made fun of two guys holding hands in the hallway before class started. After my science teacher argued that being gay is a choice, I told him that sexuality is natural and that people don't choose to be LGBT+. He responded by explaining sexual reproduction between men and women is a natural process, and that being gay is not natural since it doesn't involve human reproduction. I told him that I was gay and he said: "Well, that's your choice. " Another example, my Phys Ed teacher acts homophobic by preventing gay couples to express love. During gym class, he will allow straight couples to display affection between each other and not say anything about it. But, when a gay couple shows affection, he would immediately get out of his seat and tell the couple that their behavior is "inappropriate" and to "stop it". In general, my teachers almost always make negative comments about gay people, being supported by my classmates, and make me feel unwelcome in the classes. How do I deal with my teachers?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése