2015. március 31., kedd

I hate asking for advice, but...

I was hoping to get some outside perspective and just cathartically type out my situation.I'm almost 31 and have had one boyfriend that lasted about six months. Well last November I met a guy who I can not say enough positive things about. He's tall, beautiful, nice, essentially everything I want in a guy. We met on grindr and he was very clear that he just wanted to hookup. Fine by me, I mean I want more in life but at the time a regular hookup was good enough for me.Well we started hooking up, and then talking daily and hanging out. And then we started just talking daily and hanging out a few times a week. In mid January I got hammered and texted him and told him that I really liked him and that whether or not this goes into a relationship that I was truly thankful that I met him.That kind of freaked him out and he wanted to take a break. So we did for a few weeks, but then we took a trip to a comedy show that we had planned and had a great time. We've hooked up a few times since then too but nowhere near as often as before.So all seems to be going well until a few weeks ago when he essentially doesn't talk to me unless I initiate it. Before he would call me on his way home from work and we'd talk during his drive. I loved this and took it that things were going well. But then it stopped out of nowhere.Last night I was at his house and I'm leaving and we hug like always and I go to kiss him (like I did the last time we hung out) and he turns away. Ok. Red flag. So we sit and talk.He's not ready for a relationship. Still. He says that he likes me a lot as a friend but can't promise anything more than that for now. He doesn't wanna hookup, kiss, cuddle. Just wants to be friends. I tell him that I like him a lot but I see us as more than friends. We do a lot of things that just normal friends don't do and he agreed with me.I tell him that my end goal for us is to be in a relationship. He says he can't promise it but there's a chance it could happen, but he needs time.There's a lot more to this already long story but I'm just not sure what to do. I like this guy that I've known for four months more than anyone else I've ever known. He's special to me and means a whole lot to me. I don't wanna be just friends forever, but I don't want to lose him either. I want to give it a shot but it sucks because it's not when I'm ready.Should I just be friends with him? Should I completely distance myself? Should I look elsewhere (I've tried this and the guys in my area are horrible)? Or should I give him some space, let him take his time to figure things and then hope that we end up in a relationship?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése