2015. március 30., hétfő

A close friend of mine is missing, but it's more than meets the eye. I have no idea what to do, and I need suggestions please.

Hey guys,TL;DR at the bottom.This is a throwaway account because complicated. A close friend of mine who I have known for over 10 years (we dated briefly at the very beginning but nothing really came of it, we remained close friends) has suddenly stopped talking to me, and this is highly unusual for this person. Typically we have an ongoing text chat with a few messages back and forth every day about pretty much everything, in addition to seeing each other at least once a month for an extended visit. My friends are my family, and I go out of my way to treat them like that and make sure they know I appreciate them.He moved to a new flat (I didn't yet have the address) at the beginning of this month, and talked to me by text several times after moving in. He sent some photos of the inside of the place and the view in the middle of the night when I was sleeping. When I woke up I sent him a message back making some comment on the flat and all that, and everything seemed fine.4 weeks ago he stopped responding in the middle of a conversation.I didn't get too upset right away because we usually have long-delay back and forth chats with each other, and assumed this was no different. But then several days went by, and then a week. I have tried calling (rings several times and goes to voicemail, so it's on?), texting (never read) and emailing, with none getting a response whatsoever.He is in I guess you could call it an open relationship, I am in a LTR. Occasionally he would stay over with my BF and I in our apartment, and sometimes we would all mess around. This does not happen every time. The last time we both saw him (a few weeks before he changed addresses) there was no obvious indication of anything amiss.He (to me/us anyway) has simply vanished. He has no social media accounts, no alternate contact information, I have no idea of his current employer (he changed a few months ago) and we have no friends in common. Making matters worse, my phone was damaged by water and I lost all of my conversation history with him. So I can't look back over our conversations for more information than I remember.I have called all hospitals in the area, and he is not admitted to any hospital nor do any have an unknown patient matching his description. He has family in the city (of several million) of a different last name (which I don't know, and have no way of reaching), so I would assume someone would have reported him missing.I don't know how I let this happen, but I have no alternative way of getting in touch with him. For reasons I can't get into, I would prefer not to (but I will if I have to) refer this to the local police. My best friend, the one who I would ask for advice, seemingly dropped off the face of the earth. I have no idea what to do, and I would really appreciate any suggestions.Thanks guys.TL;DR: My intimate friend of 10 years uncharacteristically just stopped talking during a conversation and has seemingly dropped off the face of the earth. I am worried and have no idea what to do.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése