2017. november 23., csütörtök

What are your views on Milo Yiannopoulos?

First of all, I know he's a controversial subject so let's try to keep this civilized.Now, I personally find myself rather confused by him. As an outspoken liberal, to me many of the things he says sound outright disgusting or seemingly chaotic and apolitical but with consistent darker motives. But as someone who also likes to speak against the censorious madness that the most vocal part of the progressive "SJW" movement has become, I find that a select few of Milo's views are actually well-put opinions on what a non-exaggerated society that endorses true equality should look like.However (and I'll admit I haven't really had the mental self-discipline to listen to him talk for more than a few minutes in a row), I can't really pinpoint what his real deal is. Is he truly a hyper-conservative that vouches for a completely callous, thick-skinned society where nobody cares about anyone else, which, at certain points, actually transcends into social egalitarianism through sheer insensitivity? Or does he actually agree with a more compassionate outlook which he supports only as long as it doesn't jeopardize his personal privileges (which is why he supports Trump, for example)?From what I've seen, his more consistently stated political views seem to gravitate towards defending two things: the ability to amass wealth and the freedom of expression, both of which actually serve his personal gain. He's rich, so economically he supports ruthless capitalism, but also he's gay and jewish, so he opposes any infringements to equal rights that he can't bypass with money. That's my working theory, yet I'm still not sure whether his deal boils down to "it doesn't matter if you're jewish and gay if you got lots of money" or "having lots of money is what matters, but living in a fair society is cool too, as long as it doesn't get in the way of money-making".Opinions? :D

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése