2016. július 20., szerda

Help overcoming being worried about other people thinking I'm gay?

Hello redditors,Need some help here. I can't help but worry about other people thinking that I'm gay.I developed social anxiety close to 2 years ago after abusing mdma and alcohol heavily for 2 years, and my social uncomfortableness lead to a few people starting a rumor that I was gay.Not knowing what was happening to me (the social anxiety, I never had worse-than-average nervousness before this), I started to believe these people that I might actually be gay. I eventually kept self doubting myself and would get nervous in front of straight guys (never happened before) which just kind of made the situation more intense.Finally, after quitting drugs, I have started to slowly become more comfortable in social situations and regain my confidence. However, I still suffer from thoughts like "gay gay gay" "penis" "they think youre gay" "everyone knows it" etc when I am in certain social situations.I'm not gonna lie, I even feel like I have a "connection" with gay people, like I understand them or something. Like my gaydar is good and I feel like I understand how gay people feel around straight masculine guys.Any tips on how to resolve this lol? I know I am not gay (do not have sexual or romantic desire for male contact) and that I like girls (I havent had a girlfriend though and I'm almost 22, that definitely hurts my confidence). Also, I look like a stereotypical gay guy, because I have a baby face, am very slim and dress stylishly.Is there a good way you guys can think of to rationalize this in my mind? Right now, whenever I think those "gay" thoughts around guys, I remind myself that I like girls, and it works for a bit... but I can easily fall back into the thought cycle. If I'm high it makes it 1000% worse so I had to give up weed (I get really awkward and think hella gay thoughts for some reason).

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése