2016. július 31., vasárnap

Most Hurtful Thing your Loved Ones Have Said About our Community, Not Knowing You're a Part of it.

I feel like a lot of people might relate to this. I mean, why wouldn't parents say stupid stuff about the LGBT, when they don't suspect their child might be gay. Worst part is, most times this just slows down your process of self acceptance. My story:I was reading a magazine with my mother, there was an article about a famous lesbian from my country. Then a conversation about the whole community started. I said that I don't really care, gay people can do what they want, it's their own lives (shocker). I asked my mother what she thought and she said: "Oh, I don't really care either, as long as they don't touch little boys." Worst part is - she was talking about gay men. She didn't think lesbians were a problem, but gay men? Oh, they're all just potential child predators. That totally hit me.What's your story?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése