2016. július 27., szerda

Is it selfish to be openly gay?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately... is it selfish to be openly gay if it hurts the people around you?My story: I recently came out of the closet to my family (everyone else has known for a long time). My parents are very religious, and I think I'm hurting them a lot because they think I'm going to hell. They want me to ignore my attractions, stay in the closet, and have a "regular" straight relationship.Communication with my parents feels very strained now; it hurts me to think about how embarrassed they are that I'm openly homosexual. They tried so hard to instill their values into me, to the extent that I was homeschooled all the way from kindergarten through 12th grade. My dad is a pastor, and he feels that I'm throwing away everything he wants me to believe. My parents say the mental health issues I've been having for the last few years are because of guilt about being gay, but I have always felt that it's actually because I knew that being out and open would tear me apart from my family.One last thing... I'm not in a relationship with another guy, and I've never even had sex with one. There's no doubt in my mind that I'm homosexual, though. Besides, having sex with a girl would be impossible for me, not to mention I think that it would be dishonest to be romantically involved with a girl just to break her heart. Anyway, it's not like I'm sleeping around with a bunch of guys, and I actually think I would only have sex with someone if we were in a serious relationship. I may be gay, but I'm not a slut.So what do you guys think? I know it's a long post, but it would be really nice if I could get some third opinions about this. Now is the only time I'll be able to go back in the closet, if that's what needs to happen.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése