2017. október 25., szerda

Im gay, he's straight, yet it feels like we're dating...

Hi,Im fairly new to reddit, so ill try to organize this post in a way that's easy to read!Im a male 20-something, He’s a male 20-something. Im gay, came out in my mid 20’s. He’s a self identified straight male.One night a friend decides that she wants to go out dancing, so we hit a local dive bar for some drinks and tunes. Another friend and her (male) co-worker met up with us. I had met this male co-worker maybe a couple times before this night - Everyone is pretty buzzed at this point - having a good time dancing - he immediately tells me my feet stink, which is part of an inside joke apparently, then later on he tells me how I'm a bad friend to the woman I arrived with, so I quickly told him to mind his business at this point. He goes to the bar and comes back with a shot of vodka for me, so I take it, then he leans in and try to kiss me, so I push him off me. I pushed him off of me because he wasn't playing nice earlier and you're "straight", so why would you put me on display like that in front of my friends. He takes off shortly after that and nobody could find him.Flash forward a couple months, we're all hanging out at a mutual friends, getting ready to have a night out on the town. The vibes were pretty easy going as the night kicked off, then we all headed to a local dive bar. He's more of the shy, introverted type, so some social scenes overwhelm him and I could tell that this might be one of them. Almost as soon as we arrive, he asks me if we can go outside and chat, so I agreed. My initial thought was he wanted to apologize for what happen previously and how it was a mis-understanding. That was not at all what happen, as we spent the entire night outside just chatting and he seemed rather nervous -- rubbing his hands together, playing with his hair. At some point our friends realized that we had been outside all night long together, so they summoned us in to finish out the rest of the night. As the night came to an end, a large group of us decided to go back to a mutual friends house to keep the night going. Were all back at the place having a good time chatting, then he comes at me for another kiss and this time I engaged him fully, and boy does he have some really nice lips. We finish kissing and it looks like the whole room is staring at us, so he goes into the bathroom to gather him self and I try to figure out what just happened. He comes out the bathroom and I'm ready to leave at this point, so I ask him if he would like to come home with me and he does. On the walk home he says " .... told me that you have a crush on me", then says "Im not gay". We continue that conversation all the way to my place, where he proceeds to get into my bed in his undies. Of course I'm drunk and go for the reach not thinking that it was probably way too soon to make a move like that, so he obviously denies me -- I start kissing his neck and he didn't stop me. We woke up the next morning and head to brunch with a mutual friend, his co-worker. They have a side conversation about the night as I had to step away for a second -- and when I come back, I whisper " Can you believe last night", to which she responds, " I cant believe you tried to sleep with him" -- that wasn't the response I was looking for, but took it and let the brunch play out how it did.Flash forward a couple days, him and I are hanging out everyday just getting to know each other. He's teaching me how to play the guitar, showing me all his favorite bands, and generally having great conversation. At this point i'm confused about what's going on, so I try to confide in my long term friend and his co-worker about how chemistry is starting to build up between us. I know that in these situation "Labels" can make people feel weird, but I said that he might be "Gay", and she denied it and said that he might just be going though a phase and I need to leave him alone. Well that night him and her had tickets to a concert -- and the whole time they're at the concert together, he's texting me about how much he wishes I was there, and he kept drunk dialing me -- but then I got a text saying " You ruined everything". I instantly knew that she had told him exactly what I thought about the situation. He responds by making out with some girl outside of the venue, then comes over to my place to yell at me and say he had no place to stay for the night, although by the end of the night he admitted he had her keys and full access back into her place to sleep. He also mentioned — We will never be friends again after this, and "this is the last time ill you'll see me".. the conversation at some point starts to simmer, we play cards and chill — at the end of the night he leaves to his co-workers to sleep.At this point he is slowly separating him self from his co worker and we start to hangout every day.We start to truly groove as friends over the summer, as we both died each others hair blonde a of couple times, he helped my friend move (total sweetheart), he drove my friends and I to a concert at the gorge amaptheatre ( we spent our entire time at the concert under a light in a grass field chatting), we went to float a river together, he came over at midnight to celebrate his birthday & I got him a gift, we went out for drinks together on my birthday, we had a lovely dinner date together at this Mexican joint, after his TINDER date “Canceled”, we literally have spent every day together this summer — give or take one day per week. I’ve been to all of his bands shows, regardless of how far away they are .He has a infectiously beautiful personality and I began to catch feelings for him. When I started to vocalize them, it led to moments of miss-communication, which lead us to make very impulsive decisions, then arguments.Below are some incidents that have been miss managed and under communicated:I have a bad habit of texting him very personal things we should talk about in person. I sent him messages about him being gay, about how a potential GF would come between our friendship, and how my feelings for him overwhelm me at times to the point where I need space, but never end up taking any, even though we’ve both agreed time away might help.On multiple occasions he has said “Im not into guys at all, so I don’t know why we continue to have these conversations” and other variations of that.He asked out a friend of mine one night with the reasoning that he knew it would make me upset.On the 4th of July I brought a guy I met randomly to an event that he was attending. When I arrived with the new guy, stared me down and asked, “ Is this your type”?, then says, “ its not gonna last”He found out that I slept with my long term friend with benefits on my birthday & how he brought a bunch of random/funny sex toys though his co-worker, so he laughed in my face and said he had a date the next night, which was very spontaneous for him.To this day, we still hangout every day and maintain a solid friendship, so I’ve challenged my self to learn how to just be a friend. I’ve removed the thoughts that a relationship will be the end result because that’s isn’t healthy nor sustainable outlook.I know how I feel and can only make assumptions on how he feels at this point. Any Feedback would be appreciated.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése