2017. május 24., szerda

Asking for a friend 🤓...well, and me too. 😂 LOL

X-posted on /r/AskGayMenTl;dr -My buddy has a shit bf -I have feelings for buddy -Looking for advice on both his bf and my feelings.I'm not one to post these things on the internets (but then again, everybody says that 😜) but I'm honestly at a loss. Sorry for the novel...I have a great friend that I met last year and we had this instant connection. He's a genuinely good and caring person, outgoing, we share a lot of the same values and such, but also have healthy differences and complimentary traits. And he's super cute. We work in the same building (different companies) and he's always joked that he has a boyfriend at home and a husband at work.He's been going through some stuff with his boyfriend for several months. He's confided in me a lot and I've seen it first hand while hanging out with them. I've tried to be as objective and neutral as possible in my advice. Rather than giving my opinions, I tell him to talk to his bf, be honest, give examples, tell him how it hurts, and truly listen to the responses he gets.Here's the thing...he tries those things and continues getting stomped on. His bf usually blows up and gets defensive and doesn't want to talk about it. The bf does things like stay at his sisters house (or so he says) and get upset when my friend asks why he didn't call to tell him he wasn't coming home. My buddy believes (and I agree) that when you live with your bf, you kind of have an obligation to do that...and, I didn't tell my friend this as I didn't want to throw unnecessary bias in, but I've been in a similar situation in the past and saw from the hind end how clear it was that I was being cheated on. The bf also does a lot of codependent type behavior, which my friend has been pretty good about shutting down.I don't want to tell my friend what to do, or tell him to dump this guy, but I hate seeing him get shit on by the guy that he loves.Part 2 is that I've realized through all this that I have feelings for my buddy. He brightens my day, and makes me feel like a million bucks. We had this whole thing last Friday after he vented and asked for my advice...he gave me the tightest, longest hug and he was a bit teary because of the conversation and he said "I love you so much man, you are such a good person in my life, you're the only person I wanted to be around and talk to tonight."I totally realize that even if he breaks it off with his bf, that us getting together would probably be a bad idea without some significant space in there. I'm also trying not to get too attached to anyone because grad school may take me away next year. But I don't want to see him continue to be hurt. And, I'll admit, part of me has this little Lifetime Movie romcom fantasy rolling through my head too. Haha.I don't know...do you guys have any thoughts? Do I need to give different advice when he confides in me? Are my own feelings playing into how I view this? Should I stay neutral, let it play out, and continue to just be there when he needs someone? Should I abandon all of my sensibilities and better judgement and tell him how I feel, either/both about his bf and how I feel about him? I've never been this conflicted. All advice is welcome!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése