2017. március 1., szerda

Heterosexual Models for Homosexual Relationships

NOTE -I use the words heterosexual and heteromantic and homosexual and homoromantic as if they were the same thing-The other day I was noticing the way men related to women, generally. Men prefer to be the seekers of women and women prefer to draw the attention and thus pursuing nature of a man. Then I started thinking of all the other ways in which men generally relate to women. A lot of men I know see the woman they are with as something to protect and cherish. And many women see the men they are with as someone to support and nurture. The more you look at it in general terms the more you see this distinction in the way men and women approach romantic relationships.Then I started to think how fucking messy it is in the gay dating pool because you have some guys who want to relate to a man the way men generally try to relate to women. Or guys who want to relate to a man the way women generally try to relate to men. Or guys who have tried to free themselves from cultural relationship expectations and created their own thing. Then you may have guys looking to relate to another guy the way women generally relate to men. So to find the guys that fit their ideal they look for signs of masculinity (a complete cultural construct and subjective thing) and assuming that greater signs of masculinity positively correlate with the individuals desire to relate to a guy the way heterosexual men generally relate to women. Of course this happens vice versa. Then to make it worse most of this happens without awareness.So I was thinking about how im generally masculine. However I don’t desire to relate to a gay guy the way a heterosexual man generally relates to a heterosexual woman. I actually hate the way heterosexual men generally relate to heterosexual women. Yet I get lots of guys who come on to me mistaking my masculinity to mean that I want to relate to them in this way. I personally became aware of this imitation in myself and searched for a non-heterosexual model that I wanted to model my homosexual relationships to. I did a lot of research of homosexuality in history. I kinda became fixed on these things traditionally called epic friendships. Like that between Gilgamesh and Enkidu or Achilles and Patroclus or Jonathan and David or Abraham Lincoln and Joshua Speed the list goes on and the arguments about the sexuality of these relationships or lack thereof goes on as well. However the sexual nature of their relationship isnt important for my point. Whats important is that it’s a type of gender homogeneous relationship that is greater and more intimate than what we call friends in our modern times. Just add sex and bam you have a model for a homosexual relationship that isnt based on a heterosexual model.Now finding guys that also like this, that also likes me, that I also like… might be impossible. However, I would love your guy’s opinion on anything I mentioned here.TLDR: Gay guys try to imitate heterosexual relationships and use poor measurements to determine the male/female role preference in other gay guys. This is messy. I prefer other models for my homosexual relationships but people mistake me to prefer a male heterosexual role in a homosexual relationship.I just want discussion but some questions may be:Are you aware of this heterosexual imitation in the gay community?Do you mind it?What do you prefer for yourself?Should we(gay guys) try to subscribe to heterosexual romantic relationship models? Should we not?Does anyone else like this idea of epic friendship +sex as a homosexual relationship model?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése