2015. február 1., vasárnap

I'm 24 years old, going on my first date ever in 2 hours.


After struggling with my sexual orientation my entire life, I'm finally at a point where I'm comfortable going on date with another guy. Finally comfortable with the idea that I'm capable of finding someone to love. I just moved to a new city away from my extremely anti-gay family members who still think I'm straight, who will almost certainly disown me the day they discover I'm gay. Trust me on this one, it's not going to be pretty.


It's been a long, long road getting to this point. Depression, extreme self-loathing, and 2 suicide attempts. I was indoctrinated to think I was broken and sinful for being attracted to the 'wrong gender.' It wasn't until I was 22 and at the end of my rope when something snapped inside of me, and I thought "all I want is the same thing my straight brothers want. To find someone to love and care for... How can that be wrong?"


I'm extremely nervous and have no idea what to expect. But no matter what happens, I'm proud of myself for getting to this point.


Wish me luck!



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése