2015. április 26., vasárnap

It gets better?

This isn't about dealing with the social stigma of being queer as the title might suggest. It's more about a lonely boy's pursuit of happiness. Also my first post on reddit ~ever~.I'm 22, gay, been single my entire life. Never had a steady relationship. Flings here and there that last for a couple months at best, but they're ultimately all about the sex and fizzle out because of my craving for something more.This post comes from something I experienced just minutes ago. I have a friend who's also gay. We met through work and started hanging out a lot. At first I didn't find him boyfriend material, but eventually warmed up to his awkward charm as time went on.Tonight I decided to give him a call and tell him I sorta like him as more than a friend. My heart starts racing before I even hit the CALL button. I'm so inexperienced with romantic relationships, and all around afraid of rejection. I had a spiel planned out in my head before calling, but when he answered and I had him on the line my mind went blank and I probably sounded like an idiot struggling to remember how exactly I wanted to word this confession. I framed my words to say that I assume he's not into me romantically, but just want to get this off my chest. This is essentially to psych myself out of feeling bad if he doesn't return the attraction, to assert that I already know he's not into me.I finally spit it out and he answers: "Well I'm attracted to you... as a friend. and you should value our friendship.""Well that's that", I think. "Nothing to see here." I take it well, outwardly, and say I'm perfectly happy staying friends. We change topics and continue talking for a bit.We hang up and for a moment I think whatever, I knew that would happen. but also hoped for a surprise that maybe he had feelings for me too!!foolish of me.This whole post is just me not taking rejection well. not this one instance, but my entire life as a single guy. I try to stay optimistic. but does it really get better? I honestly can't imagine myself in a stable relationship. as much as I want one it's hard to see how that could ever happen to me. all I've known are casual hookups. Now this is turning into word vomit. If you haven't stopped reading already and switched to some sappy story about two "straight" friends coming out to each other and eventually dating happily or some bullshit, thanks for reading this far! Any words of encouragement for a dumb lonely gay boy?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése