2015. április 26., vasárnap

Am I completely deluded?

Hey everyone,I am sure I am not the first gay guy to post something like this and I apologise if it's the 10th one of these you've read today and I do crawl through sites trying to gain perspective on similar stories to see if I can answer my own question. Though I never find anything quite like my story to a tee. So I thought I may as well write it out. I am sorry it's a long one and rants and raves a bit..Basically, this is a story of: I am in love with my best friend and I don't know if he's gay, bi or straight. I have spent the most part of the last couple of years desperately looking for evidence to support one or the other. Mainly because of the fact, I want to know before making a fool of myself and confessing my love for him. If he's straight and weirded out by it, I lose a friend and alienate myself from my sports club and mutual friends..He's a few years younger than me, I am 24 and otherwise a normal guy. I have a good job that I enjoy, like my sports and I am bisexual. Though I believe I have more of a skew towards guys than I do girls and pretty much always have.I am completely and totally in love with my best friend. In my eyes everything about him is perfect, even what about him that isn't perfect, I still love. Personality, interests, looks, outlook on life... Perfect.So basically we became friends through playing sport together. He doesn't know I am bi, nobody does. It's an aspect of my life I am content with and I don't think it identifies me as a person, so I don't make a big deal of it. Apart of me doesn't want people knowing it because it would make my sporting pursuits tougher.The last couple of years he has had no girlfriends or even hooked up with any girls. Girls that show interest in him he seems to make no real move with or just ignores them until they go away. Without being too bias, but I know he is a very good looking guy, much better looking than me. So to me it doesn't make much sense that a guy who is so good looking and athletic doesn't really pursuit girls, even when at times they're basically throwing themselves at him. He doesn't ever talk about any girls or any women really. He makes no comments about girls when we are out and only occasionally, usually when drunk, will make a comment about women at all. He has said to me he likes girls with brown hair and a dark complexion. And sometimes will dig up a mass liked Instagram photo of an absolute babe of a girl meeting that description.He isn't homophobic even despite his younger age (he's 20), in fact he's supportive of gay people and very liberal minded. He occasionally mentions gay rights issues with me that are occurring in the US and overseas. We have a mutual gay friend that even when he was younger he didn't mind and is still close with (though I don't believe they are any closer than friends).He seems happiest when around male friends smoking weed or drinking and whenever we go out we don't go to venues to seek out girls.He has a friend that basically he will do anything for and will hang out with one on one at any costs. My crush won't let me ever sleep in his bed when I crash at his house but he does allow this one other friend. He's a good looking guy, brown hair and a dark complexion and I always wonder whether deep down my crush has a crush on this other friend of ours. This other friend is straight for all intensive purposes; long term girlfriend etc. not that this is a definite, but I would be extremely surprised if anything else was the case. I get a bit jealous because he seems to adore this boy who is honestly much better looking than me and fits more of the bill of his 'perfect woman' characteristics than I do. I wonder if his dream girl is really maybe his dream boy?We have got drunk and high a few times together and I have got a bit overly touchy and emotional. Professing that I love him and think he's amazing, as a friend, and he at times hasn't liked this at all. However other times not so much... One time we got very drunk recently and I started massaging him. I got nervous that he'd get mad for me being really gay towards him, but he was just happy with me rubbing his back legs and ass. Nothing happened because I worried that he may just tell me to get off him and hate me for being too touchy so I stopped, though wonder what would've happened if I kept going... Then again A while back he got really mad at me after I put my arm around him on his bed and he told me to take a hint and stop trying to hug him all the time.I think at times he may know that I crush on him really hard. Maybe he takes this to his advantage. Like I'll basically drop everything to do him a favour, I always apologise to him even if I know he's in the wrong and at times and I will just pay for everything when we go out at times to ensure he's having a good time and realistically if I kept a tab, he'd owe me hundreds.. But I don't mind. I have a good job and income and he's still studying..Sometimes I can't help myself. I just am so blindly in love that I will get too sentimental and stuff. He jokes that I am his boyfriend sometimes or makes a joke that I am going to try something gay with him. I buy him what I think are well thought out expensive gifts and write long cards basically telling him I think he's the best friend ever and I love him. But really it's more than that.Anyway. The whole point of this whole thread was. I am madly in love with him and the thought of him not being gay or bi and even potentially able to feel the same way I do back is the biggest worry on my mind 24/7 and has been for a couple of years now. It is draining emotionally. I almost entirely shift my life around this boy. I feel though if I tell him how I feel or that I am gay/bi, he and I will not be friend anymore and it'll crush me to the point I won't recover.I feel like if I don't say anything, I can wait longer to see if there's anymore tell tale signs he maybe gay, bi or straight and if he's gay or bi, telling him becomes a lot less of a risk for rejection. If he's straight, I don't tell him how I felt and keep a really good friend that I love to hang out with, more accepting of the fact that I couldn't ever have him anyway.I just don't know if I ignore the signs he's straight and deny them to prolong my misery, or whether I maybe waiting years and years before that happens and if it ends up being that he's straight, I have wasted so many years of my life potentially finding someone who could love me back.I need advice or opinion on this please. So sorry for the ranting and raving long post. But I just had to get this all off my mind. I love this guy so much and id be so happy if he could feel the same way towards me.Am I deluded? Am I an idiot? Do I need to make some tough calls?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése