2015. június 20., szombat

Venting: Today was difficult.

So today was going great. Got up at a reasonable time, got new wipers on my car, and got everything I needed to do at work, I did. My day was going great. Until the family party. At this time, I'm still in the closet (gay). So recently it was my cousin's birthday and today was his birthday party. Out of the clear blue sky, my mother (who is against gay rights and stuff) said "We need to stop taking Tylenol." So I am wondering why. Was there a recall? I don't know. Then she proceeds to say, because they have a commercial with two gay guys with a child. So I'm thinking "what is your problem?" And she keeps going on and on about how "disgusting" and "gross" this is, and how they should not be around children. If that is her belief, I can not change that. I understand that. But to call someone else life and who the love disgusting and gross is beyond comprehendible to me. Then some of the other family members chimed in with the same negative stuff and bring religion into the mix. Just adding more fuel to the fire I suppose. My three cousins somewhat tried to stick up for it (they don't know I'm gay either). I love them for that, but it doesn't help when the people I live with don't support it. Eventually I have to come out. This needs to stop. I don't have my driver's license yet, so I couldn't just leave. I ended up locking myself in the bathroom for a while, right at the verge of crying. There were tears in my eyes, and if anyone were to look close enough, they could obviously see that I was hurting.Sorry to vent like this, but I just needed to get it off my chest.TL;DR: Family doesn't support gay rights, hurts a lot.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése